You're Gonna Need:
2-4 chicken breasts (as usual, I go boneless, skinless, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, free-range)
1-2 bottles of barbeque sauce (you can make your own, but that cancels out the "effortless")
Your trusty Crock pot
2-4 ears of corn
1 can of baked beans (ain't nobody got time to make their own)
What You're Gonna Do:
1) Put the raw chicken in the bottom of your crock pot. Fresh is better, but you can do frozen if you have longer to cook it.
2) Dump in the barbeque sauce - use enough to cover the chicken completely.
3) Give it a little stir so the bottom of the chicken gets coated.
4) Put the lid on, put it on low, let it alone.
5) Either halfway through cooking, or just before serving, pull out each piece of chicken (carefully, 'cause it'll be falling apart) and shred with 2 forks. If you like saucy barbeque, do it halfway through (or 1-2 hours before serving) and stir it back into the crock. If you prefer dryer barbeque (not in a non-juicy way - this won't dry your chicken out), take it out and shred before serving, then serve up extra sauce on the side. I like my barbeque pretty saucy, so I do this on my lunch break.
6) Heat your baked beans according to the directions.
7) Put the corn (husk on) in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes before you plan to eat. Once cooked, just husk and serve.
8) Eat up!
That's all folks! See ya tomorrow for a Valentine's Day post...