Friday, March 29, 2013

Teriyaki Beef and Rice

Hey y'all! I promised you a recipe, and here I am, delivering! Don't say I never keep my word! We're gonna make teriyaki beef with veggies and rice. It's 10 Weight Watchers points per serving, and it is tasty.

What You'll Need:
1 pound beef cut for stir fry or fajitas


1 cup white rice
1 cup frozen edamame (shelled)

1 cup frozen veggies (Japanese/Asian blend)

1 handful grape tomatoes, halved

1 cup teriyaki sauce (any kind)
Garlic
Soy sauce to taste

What You'll Do:
1. Prepare rice as directed on package.
2. While your rice cooks, heat olive oil and a little garlic in a pan over medium-high heat, then add your beef and cook until browned. Drain.

After I took this, I got really hungry and forgot to take any more pictures. I'm sorry!

3. Add your frozen veggies, edamame, and teriyaki sauce. Stir and cover, reducing heat to medium.
4. Continue to cook as sauce thickens - add soy sauce or water if it gets too thick, or remove the cover and continue cooking if it's too thin. This is your preference here.
5. After the veggies and beef have married up with the sauce, add your halved tomatoes and give it a quick stir to combine.
6. Serve over rice in a bowl.

This recipe is super flexible, the amounts are not set in stone, and you can substitute as you like. Feel free to interpret as you go. But I promise, this is yummy. See y'all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment